Managers are building blocks of the organization. A manager performs five basic functions – Planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling. At all the levels of management we have managers working there and performing one or more of these managerial functions. A manager’s main role is to achieve effective utilization of resources in an organization. He achieves so through coordinated human efforts. A manager has a very important role to play in achieving organizational objectives. He is responsible for aligning the individual’s objectives with the organizational objectives. This is very essential for achieving long-term organizational success.
A Manager is the one who communicates organizational vision to the employees of the organization. He should ensure that there is effective communication flow in an organization and that there should no misinterpretations taking place.
A manager has crucial role to play in decision making process in an organization. He has to decide how to bring and communicate organizational changes. He plays a major role in setting organizational goals. He has to be in close contact with the employees of the organization. He should understand them and motivate them. He should encourage them so that they can perform effectively. He should praise them when they show brilliant performance and on bad performance, he should give them constructive feedback rather than negative feedback. He should provide them online support and coaching.
A manager should resolve conflicts among the employees and try to reach at an acceptable solution. This would improve employees work quality as well as performance. Thus, a manager’s role is very important so as to improve employees productivity as well as organization’s productivity. He should understand that organizational success depends on employees. Thus the more satisfied and happy the employees are the more success the organization will show. A manager must be committed to his work so as to set an example for his subordinates.
Here is a management role that must be played by the Manager:
1. Interpersonal Roles
Namely the relationship between the managers with the people around him, covering;
– Figurehead / Leaders Symbol: As a symbol of corporate events.
– Leader / Leader: Becoming the leader who gave the motivation of employees / subordinates and resolve problems that arise.
– Liaison / Liaison: Liaison with internal and external parties.
2. Role Information
Is a role in regulating the information possessed good that comes from within and outside the organization, including;
– Monitor / Observer: Supervise, monitor, follow, collect and record the event or events that occur either obtained directly or indirectly.
– Disseminator / Spreader: Spread the information to the people within the organization.
– Spokeperson / Spokesperson: Representing the unit that leads to outside parties.
3. Role of Decision Makers
It is a role in making good decisions that determined its own and produced with the other party, including;
– Entrepreneur / Entrepreneurship: Creating ideas and creations are creative and innovative ways to enhance work unit performance.
– Disturbance Handler / resolver Problem: Finding a way out and the best solution of every problem that arises.
– Resource Allicator / allocator Resources: Determining who receives the resources and huge resources.
– Negotiator / Negotiator: Negotiate with parties within and external to work unit or corporate interests.
Nama kelompok :
– Hilal Farisy Zulkarnaen
– Indra Wahyu Nugroho
– Yohanes Ginta
Kelas : 1EA05