Gerund and Infinitive
Questions + answered
1. Tasya wishes … her grandparents more often.
b. To Visit
2. I dislike … money on non-essential items.
b. To spend
3. I watched two lions … in the grass in South Africa.
a. To sleep
4. We promise … in touch with our clients.
a. To stay
5. My mother taught me not … about my academic work.
b. To lie
Adverb of Time
- Goldilocks went to the Bears’ house yesterday.
- I’m going to tidy my room tomorrow.
- I, together with my pals, already have eaten lunch.
- She’ll prepare for the final test from now to the next saturday.
- I paid a call my friend in the hospital last week.
Adverb of Place
- The child went indoors.
- He lived and worked abroad.
- The ceremony was being held outdoors.
- Chris is going to work overseas.
- The road twists uphill.
Adverb of Manner
- The little girl ran quickly. In this sentence quickly modifies the verb ran (to run).
- The rich woman learned from experts how to arrange flowers beautifully.
- Students have to walk calmly in the school.
- Please read the instructions carefully before you filling the form.
- He wanted to know the difference between working hard and working smart.
Adverb of Frequency
1. I always do my homework on time. – In this sentence always shows us the frequency (how often) I do my homework on time.
- She goes out occasionally. – In this sentence occasionally shows us the frequency (how often) she goes out.
- I always update the calendar at the beginning of the month.
- Poetria often takes notes during the Skype sessions.
5. I usually have to get up early to walk Laika.